About the GlobalArchive
An online repository of ecological data and science communication
GlobalArchive is an online centralised repository of fish image annotation, stereo calibration and associated information that provides the ability to upload data with flexible file formats. It is designed to receive standardised datatable formats directly from EventMeasure (EM) software or from any other image annotation records or historical data sets and provides the ability to explore, query and share this data with other users across different projects and institutions. GlobalArchive is designed for working with annotation data that has already been generated via external sources. It solves the problem of data synthesis providing a centralised repository to work with and query the data, and also provides advanced sharing capability to allow for synthesis and collaboration between users and organisations. GlobalArchive was conceived by Timothy Langlois at the University of Western Australia and brought to life by Ariell Friedman at Greybits Engineering in Sydney. For more detailed information and usage instructions, check out the GlobalArchive User Guide.
Funders & partners:
- A secure data repository of annotation of marine and freshwater fauna with a focus on stereo techniques
- A standalone database for a Project
- Selective sharing of Campaign data to enable collaboration
- Easy import of datatables generated by EventMeasure software
- Import of count or length data in a variety of formats
- Import of associated calibration, taxa and habitat data.
Explore / export:
- Online explore using a filtered spatial map
- Download and query data using predefined and custom queries
- Secure connection to scripted data queries and analysis (e.g. R)